I accept to all the terms listed below, and accepting this assignment as an Independent Contractor. By writing by name in the section below, I am digitally signing this form and agreeing to all the terms.
This agreement is between Kyung Jung of Yellowhale Photography, referred to as the PHOTOGRAPHER, and an independent contractor whose name and address appears above, referred to as the CONTRACTOR.
1. ASSIGNMENT: The contractor agrees to work as a junior photographer or an assistant, on the agreed date(s).
2. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: The contractor and the photographer hereby specifically agree that the contractor is performing the services as an independent contractor and is not an employee of the photographer. Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, as a guarantee of future employment or engagement, or as a limitation upon the photographer's sole discretion to terminate this agreement at any time without cause. The contractor further agrees to be responsible for all of contractor’s federal and state taxes, withholding, Social Security, insurance and all other benefits. The contractor shall have no claim against Yellowhale Photography hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, or employee benefits of any kind.
3. MEMORY CARDS: The contractor agrees to hand over all memory cards before leaving the event to the photographer. The contractor shall not have any access or save any files or images of the session, behind the scenes images and videos.
4. COPYRIGHT: The contractor agrees the images are owned by the photographer. The contractor agrees not to have access to, display, or sell any image taken during a contracted event from the photographer to any person, company, group, advertising agency or otherwise without the photographer express written permission.
5. USAGE: The photographer does not grant the contractor permission to use the images taken during the contracted event for the contractor’s print portfolio, website or social media.
6. CLIENT INTERACTION: The contractor may not Facebook friend or accept a friend request from a client or their friends and family. The contractor cannot use any of their images, online or print.
7. BUSINESS REPRESENTATION: The contractor will be given the photographer's business cards to hand out if anyone asks during the session. The contractor is not permitted to promote his or her own business during the wedding. This includes networking with other vendors, only the photographer's business information should be given out.
8. LIABILITY: The contractor warrants that he/she will perform when booked for a photographic assignment and that he/she is liable for any loss or other financial liability suffered by the photographer due to failure to perform other than a documented medical emergency or an “Act of Nature.” The photographer is not liable for any loss or damage to the contractor’s equipment under this contract.
9. EQUIPMENT: The contractor is responsible for providing all of his/her own equipment with which to complete the assignments. The photographer requires that sessions be photographed in RAW format and that all original digital files are relinquished to the studio upon completion of the contracted job.
10. SESSION DAY CONDUCT: Contractor will dress in appropriate clothes and will appear neat and clean. The contractor will call the photographer in the event of an emergency or delay at 202.870.6773.
11. PAYMENT will be arranged on an individual basis for each contractor, as mutually agreed upon. Payment will be an hourly amount depending on experience and the assignment, typically between $25 and $50 per hour. Assignments are typically 4-8 hours. The photographer will pay the contractor within 24 hours of the event.
Photography / Video release
I understand that a combination of still or real-time, audio, image, and /or video recording may be in use during this photographic session. This is primarily intended for safety and security purposes, although the use of such recording is not necessarily limited thereto. I hereby agree to be recorded by such devices in said modalities during the entirety of this session. Furthermore, I waive any right that I may have to such recordings and relinquish their ownership and full copyright to the photographer. I further release the Photographer and his direct or indirect licensees and assignees from any claims for remuneration associated with any form of damage, foreseen or unforeseen, associated with the use of these recordings.